Sunday, October 26, 2008

LA County Check Your Registration

I remembered signing an initiative form last spring after the primaries in which I was asked to sign two different places, and it looked like the paper had been folded back, which the guy assured me was the case.

Since then I have been getting tons of ads from Republican and right leaning sources which call themselves "independent".

It suddenly dawned on me that I may have been slammed into the Republcan party.

The encounter was after last March's primary so how would I know?

Well, I haven't found a way to check if I'm still registered "Decline to State"

But I found how to check if your Los Angeles County registration is valid.

Visit the site and fill out the form.

For now just being able to vote is enough.  I'll refile for registration after the election.

And party affiliation will be much more important if Proposition 11 passes.  Things I've heard already show that, yes, they will make state legislature districts in a manner that will create districts that will tend to match the number of voters registered in each party to the number of seats in the legislature. 

That is why massive amounts of out of state money is being given by Republicans and right wing groups for Proposition  11, while at the same time we had a massive voter registration fraud going on in our state.

The ultimate goal is to get a state legislature that will create more Republican seats in the US House of Representatives and which will divide up our electoral college votes and push our state into an extreme minority which also divides up their electoral votes.  (At the current time 2 states in the union divide electoral votes by House district results, which is what the Republicans want to achieve here.  When speaking on news programs the Republicans claim that 2 states are "several" as in "Several states divide up their electoral votes by Congressional district".  I've heard it many times. )

So 
  • Check your registration if you are unsure of your status (though it doesn't help you determine if you've been slammed into the Republican party.
  • Watch out for Proposition 11.  It's a Republican power grab to take power from the people and hand it over to the Fat Cats that fund the Republican party and right wing causes.
  • We really need to do something to stop money from outside the state being used in our state proposition campaigns.  This is our state.  We should only use our money to fund things that so heavily affect you and I!!!  Dammit.  How does an initiative drive get started these days anyway?










No comments: